Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Jenny

The beautiful voice you all heard in that second posting is that of Jenny Vance. I should probably take a moment to tell everyone a little about her. To put it simply, Jenny is my world. She is the one I want to see when I wake up and the one I want to fall asleep with at the end of the day. She is wildly beautiful, compassionate and kind, staggeringly gifted and intelligent, amazingly resilient and strong, and passionately driven. She lives and loves deeply, and is a rare gem in this world of apathy, stagnation and selfishness.

We met September 8, 2004 on my first day at Dividend Capital, and we both knew that very moment that something big was happening. She and I both were in bad situations at home where we were not appreciated for who and what we were, and we were both just going through the motions. That all changed the very instant we made eye contact, when we both later admitted that a shock went through each of us. We knew this wasn't just a chance occurrence, but rather fate intervening in our lives. We began a journey down a path full of anxiety and uncertainty, full of painful twists and turns, yet also full of hope that the life each of us always wanted and dreamed of could be ours. Through it all, Jenny never wavered once in her love, support and respect for me, and in the end was there waiting for me with open arms when the walls of my marriage came crumbling down.

She is a truly remarkable woman, and I am lucky to have her in my life. I look forward to the day when each of you gets to meet her and see for yourselves how wonderful she is.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?