Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I Love Cronyism, Love it.


This is Julie Myers, President Bush's nominee to head the the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency under the Department of Homeland Security.

Her nomination is a joke, a bad joke .












The Bush administration is seeking to appoint a lawyer with little immigration or customs experience to head the troubled law enforcement agency that handles those issues, prompting sharp criticism from some employee groups, immigration advocates and homeland security experts.
The push to appoint Julie Myers to head the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, part of the Department of Homeland Security, comes in the midst of intense debate over the qualifications of department political appointees involved in the sluggish response to Hurricane Katrina...
...After working as a federal prosecutor in Brooklyn, N.Y., for two years, Myers held a variety of jobs over the past four years at the White House and at the departments of Commerce, Justice and Treasury, though none involved managing a large bureaucracy. Myers worked briefly as chief of staff to Michael Chertoff when he led the Justice Department's criminal division before he became Homeland Security secretary.
Myers also was an associate under independent counsel Kenneth W. Starr for about 16 months and has most recently served as a special assistant to President Bush handling personnel issues.
Her uncle is Air Force Gen. Richard B. Myers, the departing chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. She married Chertoff's current chief of staff, John F. Wood, on Saturday.
In written answers to questions from Congress, Myers highlighted her year-long job as assistant secretary for export enforcement at Commerce, where she said she supervised 170 employees and a $25 million budget. ICE has more than 20,000 employees and a budget of approximately $4 billion. Its personnel investigate immigrant, drug and weapon smuggling, and illegal exports, among other responsibilities.
Myers was on her honeymoon and was not available to comment yesterday. Erin Healy, a White House spokeswoman, cited Myers's work with customs agents on money-laundering and drug-smuggling cases. "She's well-known and respected throughout the law enforcement community," Healy said. "She has a proven track record as an effective manager."

Nice, just what we need, inept leadership for the borders. Why can't MY uncle be a general?

Comments:
give the woman a chance, besides.. what makes you a expert on presidential nominee's. Fence riding moderates like you should focus on solutions not criticism.
 
#1)You far from know me to put your little political labels on me.

#2) I am not a moderate.

#3) That particular post requires someone with far greater experience in Law Enforcement. Not another Washington lawyer who gets jobs because of who they know. I happen to work in Law enforcement and personally know people who work in 3 agencies that she will be overseeing. They are far from thrilled.

4)You want a solution from me. Here it is. Appoint some one that actually has worked for one of the agencies in a Law Enforcement capacity.
 
i've been reading your little comments for months, at best your a middle of the road guy who's easily swayed by the winds of popularity. My gut feeling is your a closet lefty but that remains to be seen.
 
Your little label maker is wrong again. No one "sways" me. I practice what is known as common sense. Something that is severely lacking amongst yourself, and %80 of this country at the moment. Give it a try.

All your little labels don't change the fact that the appointment smacks of cronyism.
 
80%?? is that just a number that sounds good to you?? I think theres more to it then just your little label of cronyism. Listen, i'll let you have the last word on it, your opinion really doesnt matter to me. All i wanted to do is flush you out so everyone could see your true colors. so, no offense, good luck, i hope you and jason have a good time car pooling to john kerry conventions because thats exactly where your little common sense rhetoric comes from.

as far as labels go, if the shoe fits, wear it. Hows that for common sense
 
LOL, flush me out. You've done a splendid job. For what it's worth I voted for Bush, twice. My common sense "rhetoric" comes from nowhere but myself gained through life experiences and speaking with open minded people such as yourself. If you think less than 80% of people in this country lack common sense I suggest you spend some time outdoors. You've done an awful lot of typing for someone who doesn't care about others opinons.
"I'll let you have the last word"-Bill O'Reilly on just about every show. You lack originality as well as common sense.
 
wow, you really got me there genius. Unfortunatly there are alot of sackless RINO's like you that give the GOP a bad name.
 
This is Great!
 
I thought you were gonna give me the last word, Bill. What happened? I've been called alot of names in my life but sackless rhino is a first for me. That's great! If, in your opinion, the GOP has a bad name, it's more than likely due to the blind partisionship practioneers. Such as yourself.
 
the term is "RINO" jackass.

You are such a bitch...
 
Oh, rino, not the animal. I thought perhaps you made a mistake, Bill. What was I thinking? Guess I'm not up on my neo-political verbage. Gee thanks alot for clarifying that. That's good to know. I can continue my day now and rest well tonight. I'm all done with you. No point conversing with someone when it deteriorates to name calling. By the way, my dad can beat up your dad.
 
hey buck, there's no need to keep sucking up to me, comparing me to BILL O'REILLY is certainly a very nice compliment but its not gonna help you gain any points with me. Fact is i've never watched his show, i watch cnn and Nancy Grace every night. You know something, comparing me to o'reilly is the best compliments have had since your mother said to me, I cant believe how big it is! ;)
 
You have to be Jason's younger brother, by about 30 years. If your mother didn't actually read this blog I would respond to your great mother joke in kind. Since she does, I'm going to show some class and respect. She must be very proud of your extraordinary intellect.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
just trying to lower myself to your level buck but if you want to call a cease fire, thats fine with me. I'm sure the day will come when we will all get together and then you can tell me all about your little snot nose opinions of me (when there are not any women around).
 
Lower yourself to my level? Hmm, I don't think it gets any lower, or stupidier for that matter, than "mother jokes". I can guarantee, were we in bar or in the "'hood" face to face your little mama joke wouldn't come outta your mouth. Don't mistake my respect for your mother as a sign of weakness. I have one opinion of you: Your a punk. Grow up, will ya.
 
oh buckie, your starting to scare me...lol no wait, let me quess, you're a gangster now... right! talkin all bad ass about the "hood" and shit.. you are the one that needs to grow up, or better yet get a life. i bet you still live at home with your mommy.

I'm looking forward to the day my friend. The difference btween me and you buck is that I dont need to sit in a bar to get my courage up to beat down a little puss like you.
 
No, your wrong as usual. Haven't lived with mummy in over 15 years. Not a gangster, hood reference is because I haven't heard a lame ass mother joke since I lived in the projects. Don't need a bar, just figured that would be the best place to find a fool like you. I made it through 18 years in a housing project, 10 years working the streets and 35 years of life. I'm absolutely sure I would make it through your lame ass. I don't appreciate mother jokes or punks that direct them to me. Heres a little saying I like.
"Nemo me impune lacessit".
I learned of it from my grandfather at a very young age. It has served me well. Now piss-off Robert. Your a silly boy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?